While attending an event a few days ago, I received a mental download from the Holy Spirit. He told me to consider whether the tree of the knowledge of good and evil was a genetically modified organism (GMO).
Prior to the sin of Adam and Eve they walked freely and communed with the God in the Garden of Eden. Interestingly, they were given explicit instructions by God to avoid eating from a specific tree, “but you must not eat from the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, for when you eat from it you will certainly die” (Genesis 2:17).
If they consumed fruit from the tree of knowledge of good and evil, then they would die. We know that their death must have been a spiritual death because they continued to live physically.
How could they die spiritually? Our DNA is our spiritual connection to God. The Bible notes that we are created in the image of God (Genesis 1:26). God is a spiritual being, therefore, our connection to him is through the blueprint of his image which is contained in our genetic code. Death occurred spiritually because their spiritual connection through to God was severed.
How could eating fruit from the tree of the knowledge of good and evil cause spiritual death?
A plausible explanation is that the tree of knowledge of good and evil contained genetically modified organisms. We know that Satan dwelled in the garden and tempted Eve to eat fruit from the tree:
Gen. 3:1–7; Gen 3:12–13
- Now the Serpent was more cunning than any beast of the field which the Lord God had made. And he said unto the woman, Yea has God said you shall not eat of every tree of the garden? 2 And the woman said unto the serpent, We may eat of the fruit of the trees of the garden: 3 But of the fruit of the tree which is in the midst of the garden, God has said, You shall not eat of it, neither shall you touch it, lest you die 4 And the serpent said unto the woman, You shall not surely die: 5 For God does know that in the day you eat thereof, then your eyes shall be opened, and you shall be as gods, knowing good and evil. 6 And when the woman saw that the tree was good for food, and that it was pleasant to the eyes, and a tree to be desired to make one wise, she took of the fruit thereof, and did eat, and gave also unto her husband with her; and he did eat. 7 And the eyes of them both were opened, and they knew that they were naked; and they sewed fig leaves together, and made themselves aprons. 12 And the man said, the woman whom you gave to be with me, she gave me of the tree, and I did eat. 13 And the LORD God said unto the woman, What is this that you have done? And the woman said, the serpent beguiled me, and I did eat.
What we see from the passage is:
- The tree was good for food, suggesting that it was productive (a high yield of fruit). One of the benefits of GMO-produced food is that a higher yield can occur.
- The fruit would lead to death if eaten or touched. The research is clear, GMO-consumed food and supplements lead to death.1 Of note, touching some GMO produced produce has led to serious adverse events. This is thought to be due to artificially (genetically altered) increased production of natural or artificial pesticides or herbicides which are present in abnormally high amounts that cause damage to human tissue upon contact.
- The fruit was pleasing to the eye – it looked good. One can assume it was without any blemishes. GMOs are engineered to be pleasing to the eye. Unfortunately, they are devoid of any meaningful nutrition.
- Upon eating the fruit your eyes shall be opened. This sounds like dilated pupils from an allegic reaction. GMOs are known to cause allergic reactions because the proteins are recognized as foreigners and are subsequently aggressively attacked by our immune system. Yes, I am aware of spiritual opening of the eyes, but as a physician, the physical reaction seems obvious.
- There is deception present. The food manufacturing industry wants us to believe that these foods are safe. Don’t be fooled. These foods can kill and maim.2,3
I believe that Satan corrupted the tree of the knowledge of good and evil. Jesus, revealed an example of a corrupted plant when he cursed the fig tree for not bearing any fruit (Matt 21:19).
Because God is incorruptible He could not corrupt the tree of the knowledge of good and evil. However, Satan certainly can do that and God allowed it to happen. It is through God’s love for us that He gives us a choice, specifically the liberty to choose between good and evil. Otherwise, without the freedom of choice we would simply be automatons (robotic-like creatures), never truly knowing how much God loves us. With liberty and freedom, evil must exist.
It is our job as Christians to recognize that the enemy’s goal is to destroy our DNA and this has been an ongoing battle since creation. Our job is to resist the devil and protect our DNA by exposing and avoiding GMO foods as much as possible.